Just a quick note, I love you guys, for taking the time to read my blog and leave such beautiful, supportive comments. The du’as uplift me when I feel a bit despondent and knowing that someone out there cares and may be even benefiting from what little I have to say keeps me writing. Barakallahu feekum (blessings to you all) and don’t feel bad if I don’t answer each comment, I do read and enjoy them, but sometimes all i can write is what I post, which can be a bit draining with all I have going on around here. Stay tuned….
Posts Tagged ‘stuff’
Tags: blogging, Love, patience, stuff, Sweet Nothings, Whatever
Tags: Islam, Mi Familia, Muslims, Parenting, patience, Ramadhan, stuff
This was not intended to be a Polygyny blog. But it seems like thats all I talk about lately. I guess it does kind of consume you. There is life outside of polygyny. So what else am I doing you ask?
1. I got a job. I figured sitting around the house “waiting for my turn,” was a bit destructive for the mind so I got a job. I haven’t worked in about 7 or 8 years. But I figure I can soak my sorrows in frappucinos and shopping sprees and it will make me feel better. Newsflash…. Working sucks! I miss my kids, I am tired when I get home and the caffeine prevents me from sleeping.
2. I am doing this extremely cool class that a brother in NY posted on youtube. He is so energized! He has a class on arabic and another on tafseer qur’an. If you are an arabic addict like me, you will thoroughly enjoy it. Just go to youtube.com and type in ABU TAUBAH. The bomb!
3. Preparing for Ramadhan. This weekend, we will be going over fasting and the rulings pertaining to Ramadhan with the kids. I look forward to the iftars with my co-wife and doing things as a family. Despite the fitnah, I enjoy having the big family. I enjoy seeing all the kids play together. I enjoy seeing my husband make sure we both are doing well and have what we need. Oops, Polygyny again. I plan to, insha’allah…
- Read the Qur’an more, (english and arabic).
- De-stress, relax and increase my prayers.
- make istighfar (seek forgiveness for my sins) daily or hourly if I can.
- feed the people, this is an important aspect of Ramadhan few people take advantage of.
4. Getting ready for school. The kids go back next week. So much to do, still have to get last minute school supplies.
See I do have a life. TQ and her siblings think I am going crazy. She reads my blog sometimes and she just shakes her head. She suggested we all get Ruqya done (it’s hard for her to understand the emotional ups and downs and changes). I don’t understand it either. But I’m getting the hang of it all I think.
Tags: blog designs, blogging, stuff, stupid
After spending countless hours reading the blogs of others (we’ll post something on the symptoms and treatments for Internet Addiction later) I discovered that 15 million bloggers had MY template….. (how dare they!?!) So I packed my stuff and moved out! (sort of) Well, really I just picked a different template, a new, BOLDER, Beautiful-er, Better-er template…… as you can obviously see. (blink, blink) How ya likes me now?