Thanx to Miss Mississippi over at Dictator Princess for giving me the idea to “gank” her meme that she happened to “gank” from someone else’s meme. I should also mention that I am a newbie “ganker” so, to gank one of her favorite phrases as well “whatevs”…
5 THINGS I WAS DOING 5 YEARS AGO WHICH WAS 2004
1. Made my first attempt at hijrah to a muslim country. I loved every minute of it and can’t wait to go back (permenantly this time).
2. Preggos with baby number 6. I was supposed to be trying not to conceive but I just had to have another baby. I literally BEGGED dh to knock me up. I desperately wanted another (my sixth and last). I think I was suffering from some type of post traumatic stress or something it was kinda of weird.
3. I was also in college, trying to figure out how to avoid taking an algebra class cuz I’m highly allergic to math. I wish I had just got it out of the way back then but, again whatevs.
4. I had been muslim for 10 years by then so no problems in that area alhamdulillah. I was working on Juz Amma and about to begin my love affair with the arabic language.
5. Most of 2004 was marked by my struggle to secure reliable transportation. I had a van that would not work no matter what I did to it. I changed out everything but the door handles and it still wouldn’t work. I spent about six months of that year walking every where.
5 SNACKS I LIKE
1. Ice Cream
2. Freezer Ice (you know the stuff that collects on the shelves of the freezer that looks like snow…. I know don’t ask).
3. Celery with peanut butter spread down the middle of it.
4. Ice Cream
5 THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A (MULTI) MILLIONAIRE
1. Build me a house in a Muslim Country and pay for my children’s higher education.
2. Get a (ahem) breast reduction. Not meaning to get personal but being top heavy is a strain on the back muscles and it can be a real problem for people. I have wanted one since I was 14. I know TMI.
3. Make Hajj about three times. The first time I think I would be too in awe to appreciate the whole experience. My thought is I would walk in to the haram and fall into prostration and never get up, which would be the reason for #4 in this list. The second time I would probably be more objective and the third time would be just to solidify in my mind that I could actually make Hajj three times.
4. Pay the overstay fees on my Hajj visa and other possible legal fees incurred once it is discovered that I have lived at the kaabah well past my initial visa limit.
5. Try to pay my mother back for all her years of support and love which of course is priceless but I am sure she would appreciate a cool mil, too. Also, which should actually be a #6, help my husband open his own business which has been his dream, I think since he was born.
5 PLACES I HAVE LIVED
5 JOBS I HAVE HAD
1. Secretary at a Muslim School.
2. File Clerk for a Major car dealership. I was literally up to my neck in files.
3. Military Personnel- HATED IT!
Alright peeps, “gank” this if you can…